- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Periodontal diseases affect the tissues surrounding a tooth which is the main cause of tooth loss. There are numerous reasons for these types of diseases such as:
- Improper Dental Hygiene
- Organic changes in the mouth
- Saliva flow Inhabitation
- Poor functional Habits
At URS Dental our expert Periodontists offer a number of treatments depending on the severity of the condition. In order to devise a personalized treatment plan, our experts will evaluate the severity of the inflammation, the extent of damage, and dental hygiene. Calculus if any, will be removed with the help of a professional cleaning and if necessary, some advanced cleaning procedures like deep scaling and root planing.
Depending on the severity of damage we employ the most advanced procedures like:
- Tissue Regeneration: Due to inflammation if the bone structure is damaged, we employ the tissue regeneration technique. Your bone will be grafted to offer a better chance of bone regrowth using soft tissue grafts.
- Pocket Elimination Surgery: You may undergo a procedure called Periodontal Flap Surgery to reduce the gap between teeth and gums. If your jaw bone has craters then bone surgery may be performed to eliminate the craters.
- Laser Therapy: laser therapy is used to reduce the pocket size and helps to restore the damaged connective tissue.
Gum sculpting is a fast, effective and painless procedure. However, it is not uncommon to experience minor discomfort right after the procedure. At URS Dental our client-friendly staff will assist you throughout the procedure to help you prevent any kind of infection or discomfort and make your experience here at URS Dental a blissful one.