WISDOM TOOTH REMOVAL
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Wisdom teeth or third molars are prone to problems during the course of the eruption. Since they are the last tooth to erupt there will be complications due to limited space remaining. Due to this space constraint wisdom, teeth may erupt sideways or erupt partially leading to pain, infection, gum line, and facial swelling.
- The main disadvantages of keeping wisdom teeth include the necessity to potentially shift the surrounding teeth to incorporate space for proper eruption, and jaw pain which affects the normal functionality.
- Removal of Wisdom teeth is one of the most common oral surgery. Our certified dentists possess the skill to remove impacted or un-erupted wisdom teeth without any complications. The complications involved during the procedure include:
- Lower lip numbness
- Sinus opening
Wisdom tooth removal procedure at URS Dental may take from 5 to 7 days. First, your tooth is carefully examined and an extraction plan is devised based on the severity of the condition. After careful extraction of the wisdom tooth stitches may be used depending on the amount of bleeding. It may take up to a week for the healing process to complete.
If the impacted wisdom teeth are not removed at the proper time this may lead to many problems such as:
- Teeth shifting: Impacted wisdom teeth can cause bite irregularities, pain, and discomfort when they shift the surrounding teeth.
- Bone loss and Jaw Expansion: Un-attending the impacted wisdom teeth may lead to bone loss and also jaw dislocation.
- Cysts and Tumours: Impacted wisdom teeth may result in the formation of Cysts and Tumours that may destroy gum tissues and bones.
- Gum Tissue Irritation: Gum tissue surrounding the impacted wisdom teeth can get inflammation easily and this may affect dental hygiene.
- Periodontal Pockets and Cavities: Due to inadequate oral hygiene debris may be lodged in the teeth. This is the breeding ground for bacteria which results in cavities and pockets.